Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure at Oando Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure
Division/Department: Refinery & Terminals / Mining & Infrastructure
Reports to: CEO, Refinery & Terminals / CEO, Mining & Infrastructure
- The Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure (CDM) is responsible for the corporate planning process, as well as identifying and prioritizing business opportunities to shape the Company’s strategic direction and drive organizational growth.
- The role entails the planning and overseeing of projects in the company, from initial ideation through to completion.
- The CDM position will also lead efforts to identify and establish viable opportunities to grow the Company’s profitability. Duties include market research, strategizing ideas to improve business operations and meeting with company executives to provide suggestions based on their analysis.
- The end goal is to provide strategic insights that help the decision-making process and align capital and resource allocation within the business budget.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying, screening and prioritizing of opportunities to ensure a robust pipeline of engagements within the market.
- Reviewing of market & industry trends to develop business insights and evaluate the impact upon the Organization’s current and future performance.
- Isolate and focus on key risks and success drivers in prioritized opportunities.
- Building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders
- Applies business acumen to analyze raw data, assess quantitative and qualitative trends across strategic market segments
- Assists in preparing a comprehensive competitor analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation
- Execute all activities relating to merger and acquisition transactions undertaken by the Company
- Supervises the execution of corporate finance led mandates and managing key relationships internally and externally.
- Supervises in building a compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders.
- Keep track of key developments as well as best practices to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the CEO, Refinery & Terminals from time to time.
- Develops plans, forecasts, and analyses for strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects, including new business lines/markets/products analysis, strategic decision-making in day-to-day operations, and other growth initiatives.
- Conduct research, and where necessary, due diligence with regards to potential buyers/investors / takeover targets for potential M&A activities.
- Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities for mining and infrastructure projects.
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with the Company and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget.
- Preparing and managing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- Tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
- The CDM will report directly to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals / CEO, Mining & Infrastructure.
- The CDM will interphase amongst internal stakeholders (Technical, Legal and Governance, Corporate Communications teams, amongst others) to ensure synergy in the delivery of the company’s growth aspirations.
- The CDM will interphase amongst external stakeholders (consultants, partners, investors, contractors, etc)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate development of corporate performance reports vs. peers
- Quality, depth and adequacy of reports/papers developed or presented internally and externally
- Timely and accurate development of project scope, plan and schedule
- Submission of Weekly project status reports
- Quality of Analysis, findings and recommendations
- Relevant support to the CEO, Refinery & Terminals as the need arises
Qualifications And Experience
- 1st Degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related area from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiarity with financial analysis and business valuation methodologies
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
Key Behavioral Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must be able to manage projects independently and be a self-starter
- Must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce top level results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Corporate Development Manager, Mining & Infrastructure at Oando Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.