Computer Management Assistant – All Interested Candidates
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Computer Management Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2023-028
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 1805 8
Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 6. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C .
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Under the supervision of the Sr. Computer Systems Specialist, incumbent develops plan for feasibility assessment, design, specification, programming and implementation, testing and evaluation including project plans, schedules, time and cost estimates; provides systems automation, troubleshooting, maintenance, technical support and management advisory services;
- Works as the System Network Administrator administering, managing and analysis of US Mission’s complex network infrastructure of OPENNET Local Area Network (LAN), Dedicated Internet Network (DIN) and OPENNET PLUS Wide Area Network (WAN) connectivity; Responsible for implementation of complex network configurations, network architecture/topology, network access controls/security, optimization of network resources, modification and maintenance of client-server database management systems.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- A University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required.
- Must have the following COMPTIA certifications : A+, Network+ and Security+.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in managing networks (2003/2008) servers and (Windows 7/XP Workstations) is required. Must have system administrator experience within the last year.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 server, Microsoft Windows 7/XP operating systems, MS Exchange 2003/2008, and MS IIS software is required.
- Knowledge of communications concepts and systems as related to Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and data communications is required.
This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems in a network environment; create and/or maintain web pages; perform or assist with installation of hardware and software including upgrade patches prescribed by the Department is required.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal directly with colleagues, managers, and end-users to provide analytical services, training and technical assistance is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN9,688,215 / USD $45,290 annually.
How to Apply
Interestes and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th March, 2023.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
All Applicants should have:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript) AND Certifications
- NYSC Certificate/Exclusion/Exemption
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Computer Management Assistant – All Interested Candidates
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.