Community Manager at Semicolon Village Limited
Semicolon Village Limited is a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Community Manager to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate should be a great communicator who is skilled at managing communities both physically and digitally.
- The role requires you to be a creative, out-of-the-box, solutions-driven thinker, and have the ability to inspire and motivate.
- He/she will be the voice and town-crier of the community both internally and externally and will manage all community communication and events.
The role has 3 main components:
Manage the internal community of current students and alumni:
- Take ownership of our Student and Alumni Groups.
- Act as the intermediate between the community and the management.
- Support the ongoing success of students and alumni through various activities.
- Establish and manage mentorship programs.
- Drive engagement and gather feedback among Students, Facilitators, and Alumni
- Drive and coordinate the pipeline for prospective students, student sponsorship, and partnerships.
Manage all community events:
- Plan and coordinate internal community events to engage the community
- Keep updated on and identify ecosystem events and drive participation of the community
- Drive brand thought leadership and exposure to the ecosystem by planning and coordinating external events
Manage Semicolon’s social media presence:
- Work with the social media manager in management of Semicolon’s social media platforms and generating social content that will drive communications.
- Create social content that reflects the community and brand objective and purpose through campaigns that align with the marketing strategy
- Track, and conduct sentiment and overall review of Semicolon on social media platforms
- Keep updated on industry-related trends on and find opportunities to engage in the conversation.
- B.Sc in Marketing or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven work experience, at least, 1 year as a community manager (especially offline)
- Be vibrant and energetic
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of social media management with a proven track record.
- Experience in planning and launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, etc)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Strong Communication skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Customer service.
- Great Influencer.
- Ability to moderate online and offline conversations within our community.
- People Skills
- Project management
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Community Manager at Semicolon Village Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.