Community Liaison Office Assistant at the U.S. Consulate
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) – Employees of Mission
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-122RA-2
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Series/Grade: FP – 0101 7
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The CLO Assistant is a mandatory ICASS package and as such serves all participating USG agencies at post.
- The CLO is a rated ICASS service provider whose base constituency includes all direct-hire employees, family members and members of household.
- The Lagos Community Liaison Office serves a client base of up to 180 people.
- The incumbent assists the Community Liaison Office in developing and maintaining key contacts and managing information that benefits the morale and welfare of the entire mission including TDYers, Long-Term Contractors and LES.
- Supports eight (8) areas of CLO responsibilities (Event Planning, Community Liaison, Welcome & Orientation, Guidance and Referral, Information & Resource Management, and Education Liaison) as well as the management of post programs to maintain high morale of community members.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience in a management/administrative support or executive assistant role with familiarization of newsletter and other publication processing is required.
- Good working knowledge of Consulate/Embassy organizational structure;
- A strong understanding or experience in newsletter design and editing;
- Good working knowledge of event planning; and Good working knowledge of DOS policies on CLO programs are required.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Level IV Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Strong research skills in order to respond to inquiries from the Consulate community.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Outlook, MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Canva and Share Point.
- Must have typing skills where accuracy is required but speed is not.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multi-tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal with a variety of Consulate personnel and delegations.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 40,488 / Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th April, 2023
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Important Information and Notice
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Community Liaison Office Assistant at the U.S. Consulate
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.