Communications Officer at Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC)
The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business Districts offices across these states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: EEDC Corporate Headquarters, Enugu
Department: Corporate Communications
- Responsible for the organization and execution of grassroots sensitization and enlightenment programmes across the districts of coverage.
- Responsible for media relations and publicity of EEDC issues via the use of interactive radio/ TV programmes across the districts of coverage.
- Responsible for protest management via all public relations method and Mob control when available.
- Responsible for daily information updates and the development of contact reports on all issues raised.
- Inform management decisions through the development of initiatives that will improve customer Brand perception.
- Responsible for the production of Bi-monthly publication (News Digest)
- Provide support to the Social Media unit for engaging the EEDC online customers on issues pertaining to areas of coverage.
- Responsible for Daily tracking, collation and dissemination of industry news/stories
- Provision for press coverage and publications on EEDC relevant events/matters in the areas of coverage.
- Provide communication support to other departments in the creation of promotional campaigns for the EEDC brand.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency in the EEDC Brand tools across the areas of coverage. (Signage, flags, jingles, promotional tools etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field. A Master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
- A good grasp of best practices of social media channels, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, etc.
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The HR Department reserves the right not to provide status updates on allapplicants, but all successful applicants will be communicated after the completion of the selection process
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Communications Officer at Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.