Communications Officer at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-led, youth-focused non-profit organization created to work in partnership with children, adolescents and young people to advance their rights to health and protect them from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities, providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical inputs and coordination in knowledge gathering, storage and dissemination, including documentation and analysis of learning, for strategic, operational and business planning and management.
- The incumbent will Promote knowledge sharing by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization.
- To ensure that EVA has effective internal and external communications processes, which maintain coherence inside the organisation and raise the profile of the organization externally in ways that project a consistent brand
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Production and dissemination of organizational public relations materials: The Communications Officer has overall responsibility for developing and maintaining a suite of materials – using diverse media – to effectively communicate EVA’s mission, vision and main messages to key audiences and stakeholders EVA staff, board members, donors and community beneficiaries. Specifically, the Communication Officer will do the following:
- Facilitates the development of a communication and knowledge management plan for EVA
- Coordinate the development of Annual Reports with support from the ED and contribute to the development of its content.
- Packages and disseminates EVA reports, case studies, tools and other materials to maximize their use;
- Work closely with the graphic designer on the layout and design of any external communication materials;
- Maintains an updated database and internal communication system.
- Coordinates the production of EVA quarterly newsletter and other general updates according to the communication and advocacy objectives. For this purpose, gathers information (including interviews) with EVA staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- ‘Think outside the box’ – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
Website Management: The Communications Officer has overall responsibility for managing the EVA website and presence on the World Wide Web. This will involve:
- Update the content of the website on a monthly basis to ensure dissemination of the organizational progress and achievement
- Monitoring the implementation of content and branding guidelines;
- Liaising with webmaster as required.
- Proactively seeking new resources where EVA and its work should feature.
- Work with Advocacy and Service Delivery teams to update the Youth Pulse section every two months.
- Setting targets, monitoring and reporting on website usage and provide reports to the ED on a bi-annual basis.
Relations with Media: The Communications Officer will work collaboratively and develop other appropriate approaches towards the achievement of EVA’s strategic targets as follows:
- Develop and maintain a detailed database of media organizations including print, radio and TV media outlets.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with mass media representatives, news services, editors, etc. to encourage accurate and favorable reporting of EVA’s activities.
- Source and secure media opportunities for EVA to showcase its work during key commemoration days such as World AIDS Day, Children’s Day; International Women’s Day; 16th Days of Activism; International Youth Day etc.
- Coordinate media exposure at EVA sponsored or supported events in collaboration with staff leading on the content of the events;
- Mentor other EVA staff, providing advice and ideas for how to more effectively incorporate media approaches in relevant projects;
- Represent EVA at relevant meetings and events.
- Prepare news releases and other public briefing notes in relation to key developments in EVA’s work
- Coordinate with state office level staff regarding local level communication and advocacy activities; distribute materials to media and coordinate timely responses to media requests
Social Media Engagement: The communications officer will work with individual staff to increase EVA’s social media presence to ensure that it improves EVA’s brand presence and remain useful to its stakeholders.
- Develop creative content for posting on EVA facebook pages, twitter timeline and Instagram page
- Update all social media outlet at least twice a day with routine information about EVA’s activities
- Respond to comments and request coming from social media postings
- During special events coordinate the use of social media for reporting on the activities with other individual staff
Board of Director Liaison: The communications officer will support the Executive Director in coordinating the activities of the Board of Directors. This will include:
- Support the ED and Committee chairs in the organization of virtual quarterly committee and general board meeting, including sending out mails about date, background materials and follow-up to ensure attendance.
- Follow-up on board tasks/activities emanating from meetings by sending out reminders
- Develop board minutes for committee and general board meetings
- Keep board members updated on organizational progress and challenges by sending quarterly e-mail alerts.
- Lead the planning and execution of board face-to-face retreats in Abuja and site visits to project communities.
Organizational Development and Integration: The Communications Officer provides advice and other units for practical support for the furtherance of EVA core functions:
- Support the organization in the planning and execution of strategic planning, work planning and budgeting processes.
- Develop communications work plans and budget on an annual basis
- Support programs team in the development of progress reports to donors and other stakeholders;
- Support human resource development by building the capacity of individual staff in both oral and written communication.
- Provide editorial support to EVA staff in the preparation of case studies, research publications, and lessons learnt reports etc.
- Support the Advocacy team in mobilizing individuals to participate in advocacy campaigns.
- Support the fundraising team in the development and execution of fundraising events and campaigns
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in related fields with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Communications Officer at Education as a Vaccine (EVA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.