Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company headquartered in London, United Kingdom Founded in 2012 with the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa specialises in catalysing investment interest in the continent, with a current focus on agribusiness. The private sector has long been acknowledged as the engine of economic growth. Yet, the sector is largely under-developed or informal in many African countries. Compounding this problem, the financial sector also tends to be under-developed across the continent, leaving many segments of the population, including entrepreneurs, under-served or un-served altogether. Due to limited budgets, governments are often unable to effectively intervene to correct this market failure. Welcome2Africa works with, and mobilises investment from a variety of actors, including local as well as international commercial and corporate banks, development finance institutions, aid agencies, foundations, impact investors, private equity firms and more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications, Marketing and Branding Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are currently looking for an Communications, Marketing and Branding Officer To increase the reach and impact of W2A’s profile and visibility through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications and PR in Nigeria and outside of Nigeria, whilst also supporting our next phase of growth, of which entails strengthening our investment and trade facilitation services.
- Develop and deliver creative marketing and communication strategies, plans and approaches to help market and position W2A to attract partners, and clients
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of (online) communication, including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities, in order to support effectively the strategic objectives of W2A and convey its key messages to different stakeholders;
- Liaising with colleagues, designers, printers and other relevant stakeholders on all areas relating to the W2A brand.
- Help to promote our events and services to the respective stakeholders
- Contribute to and strengthen fundraising proposals and funder reports to ensure robust and creative marketing and communication considerations are adopted.
- Develop wider networks to pursue joint communication initiatives and develop effective PR campaigns.
- Managing all other communications responsibilities such as maintaining distribution lists, developing and tracking email campaigns, web analytics, electronic templates and compliance with communications standards.
- Ensure that relevant audience is reached with our communication campaigns, as well as regular monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and activities to effectively measure the return.
- Act as the first point of contact for W2A
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Marketing, Communication Studies or a related field;
- Mininimum of 4 years of marketing and communications experience;
- Excellent editing, proofreading, presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Office, familiarity with html, web-editing, web design, WordPress;
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop, Publisher and/or InDesign) for in house graphic production are desirable;
- A strong sense of cultural awareness and the ability to work with people from different nationalities;
- Strong social and presentation skills;
- Self-starter, energetic and pro-active.
- High proficiency in English – preferably mother tongue English with other languages considered an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly skilled in writing clear and concise communications for various communication tools, including print and online;
- Proven track-record of successful marketing and branding campaigns; experience in marketing strategies for higher education institutions is considered an asset
- Knowledge of marketing and communication principles, guidelines and best practices, including social media;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV detailing your suitability and experience not more than 1000 words to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: This job description is not contractual and may be amended or revised from time to time, in accordance with the needs of the business. The job description will be reviewed periodically