New Incentives uses a cost-effective, evidence-based approach to increase routine childhood vaccinations in northern Nigeria, a region with some of the highest child mortality rates and lowest childhood vaccination rates in the world. Working within government clinics and in conjunction with existing programs, New Incentives provides small cash incentives to caregivers after their infant has received the latest round of vaccinations while also raising awareness about vaccinations and supporting vaccine supply efforts. New Incentives has been named a top charity by Givewell for two years in a row.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Associate (National)
Location: North West, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Stakeholder Relation
- New Incentives is seeking an Communications Associate to support the organization in raising its profile, building its communications assets, and supporting relations with key stakeholders in Nigeria.
- This role will be responsible for developing strong written and visual assets, hiring and liaising with freelancers in Nigeria, and promoting positive and sustained engagement with key audiences in Nigeria, including government partners at the local, state, and national levels.
- The perfect candidate is a self-starter with exceptional writing, editing, and digital skills, as well as excellent communications skills.
- Success in this role will require a passion for the mission and model, a high level of flexibility, strong organizational skills, as well as excitement to contribute new ideas in a dynamic, start-up environment.
- Experience working in global health, effective global development, and/or effective altruism is a plus.
- Contribute to and help execute New Incentives’ global communications strategy and messaging, including cultivating New Incentives’ voice through its website, blog, social media platforms, published articles, and other communications avenues.
- Work closely with the Global Communications team to write and facilitate the review of communications materials, such as beneficiary stories, staff stories, timely updates from the field, memos, reports, and other materials as needed.
- Interview caregivers, staff members, and stakeholders with necessary Hausa to English translations
- Propose and execute updates to website and publications to ensure content is fresh, timely, and relevant
- Support senior leadership with talking points and other materials for high-level meetings with policymakers, partners, and funders as needed
- Interface with other units in gathering communications materials
- Support with the development of a photo and video library: hire highly-qualified freelancers, ensure all procedures and policies are adhered to and recorded.
- Develop / propose social media content to engage audiences both in and outside of Nigeria and build followings.
Stakeholder Relations and Dissemination:
- Provide high-quality, courteous, and rapid customer service to partners who engage with New Incentives
- Participate in key stakeholder meetings, document meeting minutes for communique development and social media posts
- Ensure communiques and organization talking points are disseminated through various media outlets such as newspapers, radio, tv, and blog posts
- Proofread monthly and quarterly updates to stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, International Development, Public Health, Public Policy, or other relevant field required
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, and other staff and freelancers
- Experience working with Webflow or similar web design platforms a plus
- Basic photography, photo editing, and video editing skills a plus
- Cross-cultural experience a plus
- Experience contributing to quality reporting to donors and funders a plus.
- A strong passion for and commitment to the organization’s mission, goals, and accomplishments
- Exceptional written and oral English communications skills, including writing and editing skills
- Fluency in Hausa/Local languages
- Demonstrated strong social media skills (namely Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Strong technical skills and willingness to learn new software programs and applications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
What you can expect from this role
- An opportunity to work with an innovative team that is recognized as one of the most cost-effective charities in the world
- A challenging role where your abilities will lead to material change and personal growth
- An opportunity to work with a highly accountable and passionate team
- A healthy work-life balance
- The flexibility to work remotely
- A position with significant growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We invite applicants who are highly motivated, detail oriented, and have demonstrated a good fit with the organization’s principles of accountability, diligence, and cost-effectiveness.
- In this role, you will receive significant responsibility and will be responsible for delivering consistently.
- This role is only for those who are able to meet the challenges of a quickly growing organization running a pioneering program with unique execution.
- If you succeed in this role, there will be significant opportunities to grow.
- Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
- New Incentives is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for making employment decisions based on merit and value.
- We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
- We desire to maintain maintain a work environment free of harassment or discrimination due to race, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, or age.
- Nothing contained in this job description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.