Communication and Information Management Associate at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Information Management Associate
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Dimension of Role
- This position is responsible for SSD data management in the Northeast Nigeria. S/he will work closely with the project Officer, Project Coordinator, IM Coordinator and other
- Emergency Response Team members and GPON staff. S/he shall be charged with defining and executing data editing and corrections, creating/accessing database to produce summaries and reports, developing forms, documentation of procedures.
- Provide technical support GPON projects
- Ensure that the information/data collection is made in accordance with the project specifications, guideline of donors and in accordance with the strategic guidelines and GPON programmatic standards;
- Organize/supervise the data collection, their processing and analysis of data in the context of monitoring the indicators of the project;
- Carrying on Monitoring and Evaluation activities for this project
- Train project Officers, social workers, field monitors, on the use of data collection tools as well as data quality and reporting;
- Implement and regularly update the Information Management System
- Design necessary data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of data collected is clear and that questions are simple, clear and collectable.
- Based on the data collected, conduct needs and gap identification for the relevant sector.
- Proactively gather information from relevant partners and other organizations which may be of use for informing decisions.
- Develop an information-sharing platform as a web-portal.
- Provide information management services to support population data management activities including population and IDP estimations for project proposals.
- Ensure quality control of data and information collected, through the development and/or review of new tools for the data collection in accordance of the logical frameworks of the projects, the quality assurance system of GPON.
- Organize and manage data input from case management and other data collection forms and conduct initial analysis of the data.
- Provide support to the analysis of key projects indicators with produce graphs, maps and infographics.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Ensure SSD risk assessment is done for assigned zone
- Ensure all SSD concerns are reported and also participate in case management meetings.
- Ensure Children and Young People Safe Guarding Policy of is respected by all.
- Comply with GPON’s Fraud Policy at all times to safeguard and protect GPON’s assets and reputation of honesty.
- Report on opportunities and constraints and any adjustments needed in the project.
- Give feedback on the project during community meetings with beneficiaries and Community leaders a month.
Information and Co-ordination:
- Provide regular weekly updates with inputs from all Community Animators
- Submit monthly reports to Project Coordinator on activities implemented.
Dealing with Problems:
- Maintain neutrality to the on-going crisis.
- The job requires intense interventions on the field, in areas often at risk. This requires prudence, vigilance and compliance with security instructions on the part of the animator.
- Excellent and creative leadership skills will be utilized to properly implement the activities, in accordance with the standards, principles and with possible resistance from colleagues as is often the case in emergency response work
- S/he should work under pressure and accept travels and stays in areas often austere.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Management of Information Systems (MIS), Data Management and in-depth analysis or Computer Science or Statistics, Economics or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 2 years in data collection and data management, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant fields.
- Experience in database design, database distribution and map production and capacity building to give « hands-on » training on database management and reporting. Proficient in use of GIS, Advanced Excel, SPSS or STATA and other related software packages.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in data and data analysis visualization.
- Have a good editorial capacity (capacity of drafting of reports);
- Ability to speak, read and write English and proven ability and willingness to learn other languages
- Has experience in working with children (boys and girls)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th March, 2023 at Midnight (GMT).
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Women candidates are encouraged.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, GPON has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Communication and Information Management Associate at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.