CLO Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CLO Administrative Assistant – U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (Community Liaison Office Coordinator)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2023-032
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: FP – 0105 6
Promotion Potential: FP-6
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 6. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C .
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret Clearance
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- The CLO is responsible for developing and managing a program based on community demographics and post- specific needs.
- Development and implementation of the program has direct impact on post morale and affects overall work performance, productivity, retention, community spirit, and individual and family well-being in a foreign environment.
- The CLO develops evaluation criteria and conducts periodic surveys to assess program efficacy. Based on analysis of formal and informal surveys, the CLO develops and implements a long-range program plan that outlines goals to maintain and enhance morale at post.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary or High school is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional work experience is required.
- The complexity of issues in the daily administration of the program requires knowledge of pertinent DOS regulations, programs, and policies, as well as host-country laws, practices, and mores.
- This knowledge is particularly critical to performance of CLO duties in employment liaison, education liaison, crisis management, and security liaison where USG and State Department regulations, policies and initiatives govern programs and benefits critical to the general well-being of FS employees and family members overseas.
This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Standard knowledge of Microsoft Office software computer environment required; ability to draft and edit material for correspondence and publication required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Publisher for developing fliers is required.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal/customer service skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to assess numbers of staff and family members at post, arriving and departing post is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $45,290 annually.
How to Apply
Interestes and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th April, 2023.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: CLO Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.