Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cleaner / Cook
Job Identification: 5952
Location: Monguno, Borno
Duration of Contract: 8 months renewable, Grade 1 in NRC’s grading structure
Reporting Line: Field Coordinator, Nigeria
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors in the office and guesthouses
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies, wipe down glass surfaces
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings and tidy up offices
- Clean (metal) fixtures and fittings and wipe down glass surfaces
- Empty and clean trash containers and dispose of trash in a sanitary manner, clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
- Make up beds and change linens as required, iron and press clothing and linen and tidy up guestrooms
- Tidy up rooms and wash windows as scheduled
- Iron and press clothing and linen, sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- Maintain all cleaning/cooking equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Wash dishes and clean office/kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
- Check all appliances in rooms are in working order
- Deliver any requested housekeeping items to guest rooms
- Ensure confidentiality and security of guest rooms
- Observe and report damage of office/guesthouse property
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Prepare meals during our dining hours
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- Perform any other task assigned by line manager.
We Are Looking For
- Minimum of Secondary qualification
- Experience as Cleaner / Cook in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with a similar organization like NRC.
- Knowledge of safe food preparation procedures, hygiene and preservation to avoid foodborne illness
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible
- Good knowledge of Local context and preferably residing in the position location.
What’s in it for You?
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to Join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility:
- At NRC we think creatively. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face.
- You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Learn on the job: NRC’s collaborative working style favours the exchange of good practice and lessons learnt. At NRC, employees learn on the job and are encouraged to look for opportunities to develop new competencies.
- NRC managers prioritise the quality work and the competency development of their staff. This entails giving newcomers a good start, following up, training and mentoring employees to allow them to perform well in their current job, offering learning and development programmes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th May, 2022 (2:05 PM).
- This position is open to National candidates only.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.