Terre des Hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organization for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection, and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, WASH, Child Protection, and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Management Supervisor
Location: MMC/Jere LGAs, Borno
Duration of Contract: 10 months
- Reporting to CPiE/EiE Team lead, the Child Protection Case Management Supervisor, under the overall management of the Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Programme Manager will supervise the implementation of the Case Management activities under Tdh programs.
- This position holder will ensure the provision of quality mentoring, coaching, and supervision of caseworkers which will translate in quality case management. The postholder will supervise delivery, and participate in case conferences and case reviews, coordinate with relevant stakeholders involved in case management.
- The Case Management Supervisor will ensure that case management activities are consistent with Tdh’s and national and interagency programming principles and approaches and standards, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, to enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Program Planning and Implementation:
- Provide support on and keep up to date, a map of existing services to which children and families can be referred to.
- Link caseworkers with service providers and support effective collaboration
- Supervise and coach caseworkers on the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services), and follow-up of at-risk children and families
- Supervise and support the caseworkers in family visits if necessary
- Organize weekly case management conferences/ case reviewswith all caseworkers
- Ensure that caseworkers respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Ensure that major challenges relating to case management are flagged early and addressed in an appropriate way.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks
- Support the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for case management implementation.
- Support the Team Leads and Project Manager in the ongoing capacity building of caseworkers
- Submit regular case management reports and ensure that information is kept up to date
- Coordinate with other agencies offering case management services to children on referral and transfer of cases
- Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration at all times.
- Ensure that files, registers, and computer databases are used in an appropriate and correct manner and ensure caseworkers adhere to proper documentation and data protection protocols
- Support the implementation of the Inter-Agency Child Protection Information Management System
- Review the follow-up of cases and ensure all cases are managed within acceptable timelines
- Work in close collaboration with the community mobilizers to strengthen Tdh’s relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Work with the child protection team to ensure close links between case management and our work with community-based child protection mechanisms.
- Ensure internal referral mechanisms (with other sectors) are in place and cases are appropriately managed and followed up when referred
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including community members, community leaders, and families
- Document best practices, case studies, and learning
Case Management Supervision:
- Schedule and supervise case management meetings at least every two weeks. Share minutes of case management meetings with the CM Technical Coordinator.
- Monitor timescales for a response, decision-making, placement, follow-up, and review
- Ensure access to material, logistical, and further technical support and set eligibility criteria for material and other support in the framework of the Emergency Case Management Fund
- Review and analyze trends in caseload using CPIMS+ to inform programming
- Conduct regular case file audits and ensure that protocols and principles are respected and that caseworkers use the CPIMS+ effectively and safely.
- Organize case conferences with relevant stakeholders for high-risk and complex cases.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with all caseworkers, providing technical advice on cases to caseworkers. Facilitate peer-to-peer support groups where appropriate.
- Support individual cases when required and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services.
- Review staff caseload to ensure they are manageable and share challenges with CM Technical Coordinator/ Activity Coordinator
Coordination and Representation:
- Represent the organization in the local case management Interagency Coordination meetings, liaise with relevant Government line agencies, National, State, UN agencies, and I/NGOs working in the field of operation.
- Coordinate with Tdh support departments to ensure timely and planned procurement and distribution within the Emergency CM Fund
- Proactively develop and maintain effective working relationships with the key stakeholders in her/his designated area
- Ensure that Tdh CM services are well known within her/his designated area through strong representation of Tdh in the Camp-level meetings
- Liaise with other humanitarian actors in project locations to jointly advocate for child protection issues
- Ensure regular communication with the CM Technical Coordinator / Activity Coordinator regarding on-field updates, achievements, and challenges via meetings, reports, and ad hoc communication upon request and needs
- Ensure close coordination with Tdh PSS and Community Based teams for the purpose of identification and referrals
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly reports on case management activities
- Prepare and submit field visit or monitoring reports
- Contribute to documenting the response, experience and lessons learned on child protection in emergencies programming.
- Conduct regular assessments, analysis and advise program design and modifications
- Provide input to the development or revision of a monitoring and evaluation system.
- Prepare training reports including pre and post-test analysis
- Prepare success stories on case management activities
- Identify training needs, develop and roll out capacity building plan on child protection case management to Tdh Staff and partners to carry out quality child protection programming.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Tdh Nigeria staff and partners on child protection
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Tdh Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety, and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Commit to ensuring the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or the possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Education Degree: B.Sc. or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology, Sociology, and/or other relevant disciplines from a recognized University
- Knowledge & skills: Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory. Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated. Experience in protection, notably child protection, and Education is required.
- Computer skills: Excellent IT skills.
- Work experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience designing, planning, implementing, supervising, and reporting on Child Protection in Emergencies Programming
- Language Skills: Excellent written and spoken English. Proficiency in Hausa and Kanuri.
- Other: Knowledge of the Northeast Nigerian context would be an advantage
NGN422,000 Monthly Net.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.