Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Management Officer
Location: MMC / Jere LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Duration: 10 months
Reporting to: Child Protection Case Management Supervisor
General Description of the Position
- The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men, and women through the provision of integrated, safe, and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-Agency Case Management Guidelines.
- The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in ensuring high-quality case management service delivery.
- The job location depends on the assignment and might change based on the project’s evolving needs.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide individually tailored comprehensive Child Protection Case Management Services to Unaccompanied, Separated, and other Vulnerable Children in line with the Case Management Standard Operating Procedures.
- Receive and provide referral services for specialized case management services.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the information collected during the case management services and input the information on digital platforms.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of Community Based Child Protection mechanisms.
- Make strong efforts for the sustainability of the Community Based Child Protection Mechanisms by linking them to government structures and long-term programs/projects.
- Submit detailed weekly and monthly activity reports to the Case Management Supervisor
- Provide weekly and monthly situation report on the context and the evolving risks and threats hampering the protection and wellbeing of children in the Tdh project location.
- Establish a harmonious working environment with a wide range of stakeholders more specifically, children, beneficiaries, service providers, community leaders, religious leaders, and local government authorities.
- Raise the profile of case management services in the project area by training volunteers and raising awareness in the community.
- Fully comply with the Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Human Rights or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Child Protection / Case Management / SGBV / Social work.
- Fluency in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
Knowledge & skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of the MS office software package.
- Knowledge of child protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills / Previous experience in child protection case management is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO rules, procedures, and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minimum Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
- NGN344,000 Monthly Net.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.