Chief Procurement Officer (AfCFTA) at the African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Procurement Officer (AfCFTA)
Requisition ID: 1761
Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Head of Division Administration & Human Resources Management
Directorate / Department / Organ: Administration and Human Resources Management (AfCFTA)
Number of Direct Reports: 5
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Purpose of Job
- Assists in the management and supervision of the procurement activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat to ensure delivery of results within proposed, Rules, Regulations, budget and timeframe.
- Provide technical and intellectual support and guidance in the management of various procurement bodies related to the area of work.
- Develop and implement comprehensive procurement record policy
- Address audit problems
- Monitor and Evaluate the implementation of the various procurement activities.
- Manage the Secretariat of the Local Internal Procurement Committee
- Design AfCFTA Secretariat a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan
- Implementation of the proceedings of the Tender Board in accordance with the African Union Procurement Guidelines
- Follow-up on the Implementation of tasks allocated by the Tender Board to the sub-committees such as the Local Tender Board, Evaluation Committee, Opening Committee and Inspection Committee
- Prepare Tender documents in liaison with the Head of Departments in accordance with AUC regulations and internationally accepted standards and procedures
- Prepare requests for bids for tenders not requiring the usual Tendering process on the basis
- Produce periodic statements on the work of the Tender Board in reference to executed contracts and procurements approved and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Take minutes and keep records of Tender Board meetings
- Function as desk officer on all Tender Board issues and develop a system of keeping archives of bid documents and other Tender Board matters
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in Management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration or Public Administration with 7 years post qualification experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Public Procurement, Administration out of which 3 years should be at a supervisory level
- Bachelor’s degree in similar studies with 10 years’ relevant experience and 3 years at Supervisor level.
- Experience in web-based management / ERP system, such as SAP.
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches and implementing joint activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- Ability to produce clear and professional reports
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
- Strategic Insight..
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
Communicating with Influence:
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Orientation:
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative basic salary of USD37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th May, 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Chief Procurement Officer (AfCFTA) at the African Union (AU)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.