Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Investment Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Chief Investment Officer is responsible for setting the investment style and strategy for the organization’s investments.
- S/he oversees the sourcing, managing, and monitoring of investments, and ensuring policies and procedures are in place to embed appropriate strategy.
- The CIO will be adept in working with the regulators as well as with industry peers that are portfolio managers, analysts, and investors.
- S/he will ensure the strict monitoring of compliance and enterprise risks associated with investment activities.
Job Description for Chief Investment Officer
- Develop and execute investment-related strategies and procedures necessary for optimal investment performance and operations, including providing recommendations for changes in the asset allocation, investment managers, and rebalancing and portfolio transitions
- Oversee overall fund performance, manager reviews, and reporting requirements that uphold the fiscal security of the organization
- Support business development – prepare, present, and communicate fund performance to corporates and potential clients
- Lead the investment staff and advisors in implementing the investment policies to achieve investment goals.
- Analyze economic, financial, and market trends and identify the recommendations to address such issues.
- Participate and maintain relationships with other institutional investors, investment managers, and advisors to stay abreast of best practices affecting the public pension fund sector.
- Understand, manage, and monitor the organization’s portfolio of assets
- Oversee due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities, companies, industries, and markets
- Adjust the investment portfolio to balance the liquidity, return on investment, and risk goals
- Create an efficient and effective investment process
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Sciences, Accounting, Banking/Finance, or other business-related fields
- Master’s Degree and/or MBA will be an added advantage
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use.
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 8 years have been in financial services (preferably a PFA) and 4 years in senior management
Attribute for Success in the Role:
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts and how they apply to pension funding and asset allocation decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments
- Extensive Corporate Services management experience.
- Significant industry experience.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles.
- Be able to see the big picture, make thoughtful trade-offs and focus on what matters.
- Effectively break down complex data & analysis for non-technical audience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.