Chemical Laboratory Assistant at Hudson Mining Limited
Hudson Mining Limited is a mining company which has endeavored to build a comprehensive platform integrating mine assets acquisition, exploration, mining, processing, refinery, trading and global sourcing and importing for various minor minerals, new energy minerals and other non-ferrous minerals since its establishment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chemical Laboratory Assistant
Locations: Ilorin – Kwara and Jos – Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Duties may include: sample reception, sample identification, sample preparation, sample dilutions, setting up analytical batches and analysis, batch Quality Control, (the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Ensure samples are logged into LIMS accurately and in a quick manner.
- Working knowledge of LIMS
- Preparation of standards and reagents.
- Interpreting and evaluating results.
- Monitor Equipment maintenance & laboratory supplies.
- Follow all company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Follow all Quality system protocols, report discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- May be asked to work in other areas of the Geochemistry laboratory sections.
- Ensure samples are catalogued and stored in an efficient and easily retrievable manner.
- Assists laboratory personnel in locating and retrieving of samples and also responsible for sample disposal or returning samples to clients.
- Calibration and set up of laboratory equipment prior to analysis.
- Maintain and record equipment calibrations.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed
- Degree and/or diploma) in a Science related program (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science) is a strong asset.
- No Experience required
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & lab equipment
- Must be comfortable with numerals in order to monitor data on a computer screen.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Travel to other Site locations or client location may be required from time to time.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Chemical Laboratory Assistant at Hudson Mining Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria