Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Services Management Officer
Requisition ID: 7393
- This role will act as the first point of contact for all external visitors and manage the day-to-day running of the office. In addition, this position will provide a wide variety of support services to the Country Head of NBA Nigeria.
Executive PA Duties:
- Management of calendar
- Schedules and prioritizes appointments and meetings to maximize the Country Head’s engagement
- Arranges extensive travel and process travel expense reports (using Concur Travel & Expense system and PCI’s dedicated travel agency),
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality concerning all matters
- Assists with memo writing, internal and external communications, as necessary
- Assists with research and analysis on Country Head’s special projects, as assigned
- Supports development of presentation materials
- Supports monthly/ weekly All-Staff meetings
- Obtains and prepares required documentation including entry requirements, trip portfolios, advances where necessary, etc.
- Supports the Country Head with any corporate card reconciliation and monthly expense reporting
- Serves as a liaison and responds to enquiries and internal and external client requests
Office Administration Duties:
- Acts as the first point of contact for all external visitors.
- Manages office area and maintain all office equipment
- Tracking of employee holidays
- Assists with office health and safety matters
- Provides assistance in the invitation process for NBA Nigeria Events
- Assists with ticketing and other ad hoc duties for NBA Nigeria Events as required
- Undertakes any other duties as may be required
- Assists with the onboarding of any new staff members to the NBA Nigeria operation
- Orders couriers, taxis, and other services as required
- Liaises with cleaning company on day-to-day cleaning of the office
- Maintains office equipment i.e., Copiers, Faxes, Printers, Telephone, Computers, etc
- Liaises with building management re: office maintenance and coordinate assistance with general up-keep (escalate to Senior Director – Finance & Administration where appropriate)
- Assists with the processing of new starters (ordering business cards and equipment etc)
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) is preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, preferably supporting an executive or senior leader office, management experience a plus.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Superior organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multitask, juggle workloads and meet deadlines.
- First class attention to detail
- Proven time management skills, with an ability to effectively establish and execute priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Professional temperament, including the ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
- Must be able to work independently on own initiative with minimal direction at times
- Sound business judgment, including the ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information
- Solid team player with a strong customer service focus
- Extensive digital acumen, including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Articulate, confident communicator, able to deal effectively with clients, management, and staff at all levels
- Positive attitude and a friendly demeanor
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong editing and proof reading abilities
- High level of integrity, be able to use own initiative and have a flexible approach
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply