Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Department: Business Intelligence
Employment Type: Full-Time
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone with the ability to transform data into a format that can be easily analyzed and to create the necessary connections to enable company units to consume transformed data.
- Candidates would have the ability to transform available raw data into formatted data through computer programming and database querying.
- Developing, maintaining, and testing the infrastructure to transform the data that feeds our dashboards and machine learning models
- Running complex queries over data
- Manipulating database management systems (DBMS)
- Creating the necessary connections to expose transformed data to other systems or tools
- The Business Intelligence Developer will be part of the Business Intelligence team.
- This role will work very closely with data scientists and business intelligence analysts to build solutions that enable Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to create robust data products, and other Carbon departments to consume these services.
- Providing support to Data Engineering on ETL processes
- Implementing feature generation and machine learning models scripts
- Coding, testing, and troubleshooting APIs/ endpoints to enable other company assets to integrate to and consume data science and business intelligence products, such as credit risk or fraud scores
You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You’re passionate about Data.
- You’re familiar with Python and SQL.
- You want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that you (and everyone you know) use or will use every day.
- You’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry.
- You’re comfortable working in a hybrid schema, both remotely and on-site.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following criteria – We want to emphasize that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in most of the areas.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technical field like Data Science or Computer Science, Engineering with 3+ years of professional experience
- Ability to understand simple business problems
- Experience with Python and Java.
- Experience designing, building, and testing API connections
- Experience with data pipelines
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experiences working with container technology, such as Docker files, Docker images, and GitHub
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Talend (or any other ETL tool such as SSIS or Pentaho)
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as C++ and/ or Scala.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)