Business Development Manager at Wema Bank Plc
Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- To create and fully take all sales opportunities, drawing in prospective commercial, corporate, and retail customers to achieve financial targets through sales and cross sales within assigned products programs, service management system and overall cluster targets and to constantly meet and or exceed the cluster target on monthly basis..
- To deliver the commercial business budget in assigned branches.
- Commercial business development and brilliant execution of all branch marketing plans to achieve desirable profitability.
- To collaborate with the Zonal Managers & RCHs to ensure, that all customers receive an exceptional and consistently high-quality service.
- To manage available resources e.g., systems, processes, and people) to ensure staff development and growth.
- To ensure strong customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the branches.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy in ensuring branch targets are met. This includes coaching staff on product knowledge, cross selling and keeping up to date with changes and developments in the market/business area to drive optimal achievement of this opportunities.
- Co-ordinates cross selling opportunities with other business departments like corporate solutions, corporate banking, PMS, EFT, virtual banking, and other E-business products for possible businesses/ opportunities.
- Conducts meetings with the marketing team and carry out reviews on the previous performance and plan for the month ahead.
- Plan and oversees new marketing initiatives including branch expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing customers.
- Driving peak performance and commercial marketing success for all relationship officers across the branches.
- Accountable for maintaining high data quality standards by ensuring information captured in the Bank’s systems and documentation by teams are accurate and maintained in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the sale’s operational efficiency of the branch and productivity of its staff.
- Manage the risk management process for the designated customer portfolio and be accountable for the ongoing monitoring of credit quality and compliance with Bank’s policies.
- Develop close relationships with operations and risk management team to ensure delivery of quality products and services to customers.
- Accountable for operating responsibly within the parameters of approved delegations.
- Contribute to the net profitability of the region/zone; ensure effective management of revenue collection and expenditure control.
- Ensures that all aspects of revenue collection and operational expenditure are actively monitored and that they are in line with the operating budget.
- Review actual figures in the Branch Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss against budget and / or against past months’ performance and investigate undue variations.
- Drive the growth of deposits, loans and overdrafts to increase profitability of the Branch.
- Understand customer base and identify opportunities to build and grow profitable relationship.
- Supervise the management of branch resources to ensure delivery and maintenance of customer service standards and at every service outlet within the branch, by putting the right people in the right places and by enabling their self- development (coaching and training) for improved service delivery.
- Manage and oversee the provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Identify opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost-effective channels.
- Support the use of appropriate processes and procedures by all members of staff who are constantly in contact with the customers.
- Monitor customers’ complaints through the Bank’s complaint management unit, identifying the root causes and addressing them at source to prevent recurrence.
- Build organizational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Responsible for the development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet business needs.
- Take personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports and constantly give feedback during monthly one-on-one review meetings.
- Ensure staff compliments to boost productivity and promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’.
- Ensure the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensure skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Create an environment in which learning, and development are emphasized and valued.
Below are qualifications required to work as a Business Development Manager:
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Any Discipline.
- Additional Qualification will be an Added Advantage
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
- Specialized knowledge: 12 – 15 years cognate experience
- Professional Certification: CIBN
- Experience: Sales and Marketing
- Digitally Savvy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Business Development Manager at Wema Bank Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.