Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are to create, develop and exploit commercial opportunities to increase the company’s revenue through existing and potential clients with whom you will target, initiate and develop business relationships.
- As the business development manager, you are to bear overall responsibility for expanding the company’s property portfolio.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities, recommending equity investments
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials, estimating partners’ needs and goals
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications,
- Maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Creates and improves proposals for existing and new clients
- Prepares the company budget and continually track expenses
- Develops and delivers pitches for potential investors/clients
- Presents to and consults with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services channels.
- Uses knowledge of the market and competitors, identifies and develops the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Works with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet client needs
- Arranges and participates in internal and external client debriefs.
- Improves and grows business by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners.
- Works to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operations of the business, position or reputation in some way.
- Plans persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company
- Develops rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Sales, Marketing, or a related field
- A Master’s Degree in sales/marketing is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Strong client relationship management skills
- A desire to make a significant contribution to a rapidly growing organization
- Must be able to manage time and people efficiently
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be emotionally intelligent
- Ability to be discreet and professional
- Must have flair for providing quality service.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Market research skills & experience
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- A pro-active self-starter who can operate both individually and as part of a team
N250,000 – N350,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.