Business Development Intern at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Job ID: 23000067
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: SC Nigeria
Post Type: Fixed Term
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
- The post holder will support the NBD team throughout the proposal development process. The position works within the Business Development Team.
S/he will be tasked with:
- Helping the unit conduct daily/weekly scouts for funding opportunities;
- Supporting the development of a funding strategy for NBD unit in 2022;
- Providing general administrative and logistics support to the new business development unit and Deputy Director, PDQ.
- Developing procurement plans for new proposals when necessary
- More responsibilities within business development as deemed fit.
- Sourcing information and conducting desk reviews to feed into donor engagement plans, country profile and other documents.
- Conducting research useful for the development of proposals and concept notes;
Scope of Role
- Reports to: the Business Development Manager (working on a day to day basis under the direction of the BDM and working closely with the BD Coordinator and the BD team)
Key Areas of Accountability
- Searching funding opportunity databases and platforms to identify potential opportunities for funding.
- Creating and maintaining an internal BD database of funding opportunities identified that align with SC’s strategic priorities and strategic direction.
- Working as a member of the Business Development Team and working closely with the BD Coordinator to ensure the Go No Go Decision Guide is developed and the decision is conducted on a timely and collaborative basis.
- During proposal development, work closely with the BD Manager and BD Coordinator to develop and track the development of annexes.
- Conduct research pertinent to proposals at the BD Manager’s request.
- Support administrative requirements and logistics requests for the BD team.
- Working with the BD team and Supply Chain Unit to develop procurement plans for new proposals.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing design workshops and other BD workshops.
- Revise the database and update the funding opportunity tracker monthly.
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls that provide opportunities for funding and become an expert on donor instructions and requirements seeking a clear understanding of donor flexibility.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Understands and respects the need for procedures, policies and planning for safety and security management in delivering humanitarian assistance
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Maintains our culture of child safeguarding
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country-wide scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgment
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- First Degree in the Applied Sciences, Social Sciences, Public Health or Business.
- Preferred candidates are those with a Master’s Degree.
- Candidates must show excellent communication and writing abilities, sound research prowess, good use of Microsoft PowerPoint and other visual tools, proactivity, ability to multi-task and think fast and sharply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Business Development Intern at Save the Children
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.