Kaduna Polytechnic – The Polytechnic was established as Technical Institute in 1956 and became a full-fledged Polytechnic in April, 1968 vide Decree No. 20. The Institution was taken over by the Federal Government vide Decree 40 of 1991 and currently operate under the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Bursar
Functions and Duties
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and responsible to the Rector.
- The Bursar plans, organises, directs and coordinates the operations of the financial system of the Polytechnic.
- He is also expected to prepare financial reports of the Polytechnic including income and expenditure at every meeting of the Governing Council Finance and General Purposes Committee.
- He is responsible for the production of draft annual estimates of income and expenditure, and determine all accounting procedures and records of the Polytechnic accounting system.
- Must be a holder of good Honors Degree or its equivalent in Accountancy or Finance, from a recognized Institution of higher learning.
- Must be registered with a Professional body such as ICAN, ANAN, etc.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 21 years post qualification cognate experience.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time he/she assumes duty.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health with evidence from a Government Hospital.
- Evidence of community service.
- Perform other duties that might be assigned by the Rector from time to time.
Terms of Appointment
The successful candidates shall hold the office for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more in line with the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019. The salary and other conditions of service are as approved by the National Salaries and Wages Commission.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of their Applications including photocopies of their Certificates and Curriculum Vitae, in the following order, to the Registrar:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Dates of birth of children
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address(es) and Phone Number(s)
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Professional qualifications with Dates
- Records of Employment(s) and Positions held
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees.
Candidates will be required to produce Originals of their Certificates and other Credentials at the interview. The applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes, labeled “Application for the Post of Bursar” to:
P.M.B. 2021, Tudun Wada,
Main Campus, Kaduna,
- Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them in sealed envelopes labeled “Confidential Report” to the address above.
- Applicants are to note that any application received either through mails or personal delivery, after the deadline would not be entertained