PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Brand Manager
Job Code: JR000197
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Revision number: 001
Document No: PZW/MS/D/004
- Why does the job exist?
- Develop and drive all the brand plans and initiatives in line with the overarching brand strategy
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Support the development & execution of approved brand M&C plan within guidelines.
- Understand & apply relevant external environment factors including consumer insights, competitor activity and other internal activity
- Support Product Life Cycle Management including demand forecasting and minimizing residuals.
- Effective execution of Consumer Marketing plans
- Participate actively in company-wide initiatives as required – e.g. Margin Improvement
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Implement brand strategy to grow and sustain brand performance and profitability.
- Monitor, control and report brand performance through brands health indicators (NNS, GM, MC) and key consumer KPIs (market share, awareness, trial, attribute rating etc.) providing solutions to shortfalls
- Support the management of the NPD process for the brand.
- Support and monitor the implementation of pricing policy for products within the brand portfolio.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Marketing Team
- Cross-functional teams from Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR, NPD, Consumer Insight, Digital
- Local Service providers including Advertising Agencies
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience in Brand Management
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Professional Qualification in Marketing is essential
- IT savvy including the use of MS Office Suite of Applications
Capabilities / Technical Skills:
- Insight generation (Developed) Communication (Developed) Digital (Developed)
- Brand propositions (Emerging)
- Strategy (Emerging)
Profit and Growth Champion:
- Commercial delivery (Developed) Route To Market (Developed)
- Innovation (Emerging)
- NPD (Developed)
- Personal leadership (Developed)
- Personal drive (Emerging)
- Talent development (Emerging)
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.