Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Board Liaison Advisor
Responsible To: Director, Organisational Effectiveness
- The Board Liaison Advisor who reports to the Director, Organisational Effectiveness will be responsible for coordination of the Governance function, maintaining an interface between the Board and General Assembly members of ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) and the International Governance Unit (IGU); as well as review Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) within ActionAid Nigeria.
- S/he will also be responsible for coordinating internal procurement processes as well as documentations whilst working with the Procurement committee.
- Ensure quality record of Board meetings by taking the minutes
- Provide support to Sub-committees
- Preparation of Communications and Documents to Board members
- Support in the development of any presentations required
- Ensure that all papers to the Board are sent out in due time
- Collate Board incidental communications between Board meetings to keep Board Members abreast with the key organisation happenings and events.
- Coordinate AAN Governance and staff induction and orientation processes
- Coordinate all field visits of Board and GA members to AAN project sites
- Support with linkage to AAI Board of Trustees
- Prepare affiliate update that goes to Board of Trustees
- Ensure that all logistics arrangements are made for Board Chair to attend Trustees meeting.
- Ensure that Board Chair/relevant representative attending the International Board meeting gets all Board papers sent from the International Secretariat.
- Provide whatever information required by the AAI Governance unit and the International Secretariat
- Coordinate proper documentation and filing of all AAN Statutory documents with relevant government agencies
- Coordinate the process of General Assembly (GA) member recruitments and selection ensuring that all organizational equal opportunity parameters are considered
- Act in an advisory capacity to all members of the governance body especially new members to facilitate their ability to perform effectively.
- Act as an information hub between AAN Management and the Governance Body.
- Provide support on secretarial duties
- Support with the review of all organizational legal documents that require Country Director’s signature.
- Support with the review of all Partnership agreements.
- Events Management: Provide logistics for workshops, seminars, meetings, by providing
- materials to support the event through ensuring that stationeries, hotel reservation, workshop materials, meeting packs, booking venues, meals are provided in time. Ensure timely and proper communication for all events
- Facilitate the financial processes for consultancies and other programme events with the support of the Finance Department.
- Produce budgets for events
- Coordinate internal procurement processes
- Work with a 7-member procurement committee and a Volunteer, while reporting to the Procurement Committee Chairperson
- Act as secretary to the Procurement Committee
- Responsible for reporting and documentation
- Ensure an updated service provider database
- Ensure the committee actions are in line with the Procurement policy manual.
- All other responsibilities given by Line Manager.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Service providers, Partners, Government Agencies, Board & General Assembly
- Members, International AA Office and other stakeholders.
- Barrister-at-Laws (B.L) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Membership of relevant professional Institute.
- At least five years post NYSC experience in Administration;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash
- Office administration and procurement experience.
- Experience of designing and coordinating training/meetings.
- Experience working with and supporting governance structure in an INGO.
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Team player
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission, values, and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Board Liaison Advisor – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 18th May, 2022.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.