Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Manager
Ref No: 2100032235
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Standard Chartered Bank is looking for an exceptional and dynamic Audit Manager to join our AME Technology GIA Team within the Technology and Operations portfolio.
- This global role includes leading and executing audits (both stand-alone and integrated with other audit functions) of the applications supporting the AME portfolio.
- This role will get to work on more complex audits such as cross-functional and multi-location high risk audits and will also provide the opportunities to interact and engage with both Group and Country Stakeholders.
- Lead audits or assist as a Team Member to deliver audits
- As a Team Lead, drive the audit, ensuring that resources are well-coordinated with appropriate time allocation for the audit work, and outcomes and expectations are clearly defined. Ensure that key risks are considered during audit planning, and high quality audit work is produced. This includes the planning documentation, detailed and accurate documentation of test results, and clear and factual audit issues. Support the Team Manager in drafting the audit report.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative data (using data analytics) to diagnose underlying issues, patterns and root causes.
- Ensure timely and open communication throughout the audit process, within GIA and with the auditee.
- Monitor and track assigned audit issues and action plans, and report overdue items to the Head of Audit (HOA) for resolution. Monitor and escalate when high risk issues are not likely to be resolved within the agreed timeframe.
- As a Team Member, support the Team Leader / Team Manager by executing audit planning, fieldwork and reporting for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner such that audit work meets the given budget, quality standards and timelines. Draft the audit programme, audit observations / issues and support team leader/ team manager in preparing the audit report.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of, and compliance with, GIA methodology standards and the GIA system in all areas of assigned GIA activity.
People and Talent:
- Build and maintain relationships with key GIA, business and technology stakeholders to understand business and technology developments including regulatory concerns, identify emerging risks, and facilitate execution of audit work.
- Complete relevant risk assessment activities in a timely and effective manner, including the completion of the Risk Assessment template.
- Assist in continuous auditing and monitoring of key risks in the portfolio.
- Utilize the risk assessment process and stakeholder engagement to determine an anticipatory audit plan.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Designated business and technology stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio; and
- GIA stakeholders – team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong background in IT audit (with a focus on application controls) with a minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in the Banking and Financial services industry.
- Preferred Bachelor’s or university degree in Information Technology or related discipline but not a requirement
- Professional Audit Certification (CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, ACAMS etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining effective working relationships with counterparts in GIA, business and technology.
- High degree of responsibility, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and direction, able to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyse and apply information, “thinking out of the box” where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of audit engagements.
- Displays initiative and knows when and how to seek guidance. Willingness and capacity to learn on the job.
- Ability to commit to 15-25% business travel (if required).
- Experience in executing a risk-based Audit Methodology, or a similar methodological approach.
- Experience in designing and/or executing data analytics
- Attention to detail and curiosity. Strong analytical skills and eager to learn.
- Excellent writing and articulation skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12:59:00 AM: 3rd December, 2021.