Assistant Plant Operator at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Plant Operator
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Operate and maintain the power plant during the shift, according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain plant power production at the output designed by management.
- Follow all procedures and instructions pertaining to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems
- Complete, update and maintain all logs, check lists and running records in a clear and concise manner.
- Utilize all tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
- Ensure that the work is executed at the plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Provide the relieving shift operator with a complete handover, bringing to his attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities
- Perform planned and corrective maintenance as directed and as needed and to account for all parts and materials, supplies and fluids used in the performance of that work.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Communicate effectively the condition of all plant equipment, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances to shift in charge and fellow personnel.
- Strict monitoring of all Alarms / Parameters of Engines and auxiliaries, Monitoring and analysis of trends of data pertaining to equipment at all time and making proper follow up in this regard.
- To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices
- B.Eng, BSc or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering discipline
- At least 01 year experience of power plant operations and maintenance required.
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Result Oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Assistant Plant Operator at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria