The Olive Prime Psychological Services – We are a new “mental health facility” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services. We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art Therapist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Head, Art Therapist
- Assess patients’ needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Communicate patients’ assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help patients’ recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Talk with patients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Recommend and/or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
- Confer with other professionals on patients’ treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Interpret the artistic creations of patients to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in Creative / Fine Art
- Excellent artistic abilities, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm
- Maturity, patience, calm and respectful manner
- Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art can play in treatment.
- Ability to provide a trusting, open, kindhearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- Business skills
- A strong empathy with and commitment to helping people from all walks of life
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th December, 2021.