PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000277
Job Type: Full time
Level: Grade 5
Responsible to: Regional Sales Manager
Responsible for: Territory Sales Manager
Department Strategic Objectives
- Lead in the delivery of customer and field sales business objectives towards the achievement of the overall organisation business and growth objectives
- Lead the field sales team and Customers to deliver agreed business objectives including brilliant execution of sales and channel marketing activities within assigned area.
Context / Scope
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Manage the activities of the field sales team in assigned area
- Achieve agreed business targets/KPIs for the area (Top line, GM, Focus Brands, NPD, Tradeex, POP deployment etc.)
- Ensure brilliant and successful execution of all Promotional/launch/agencies activities in the area and timely delivery of relevant reports.
- Identifies training needs of RDM’s, works with RSM, Regional Capability Development Manager and HR to build Sales capability and ensure a talent pipeline.
- Feeds into the demand process to optimise the quality, accuracy and clarity of inputs.
- Provide market intelligence report in assigned area
- Achieve sales drivers (QDVP) objectives for the area
- Manage Sell in and sell out of Customers in the Area
- Recruitment of customers, development and delivery of Joint Business Plans with key customers in assigned area.
- Develop and ensure implementation of outlet coverage strategy for the area
- Implement agreed Route to market strategy in assigned area.
Measurement / Performance Indicators
- Development of Joint Business plan of customers in the Area.
- Target vs. Actual monthly/yearly performance (volume/value, QDVP, KPIs and timely execution of the activities)
- Coverage strategy and implementation
- Coaching and development plan implementation
Internal & External Relationships:
- Regional Sales Manager
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- Government agencies within Area
- PZ Marketing & Sales network
- Line Managers (Performance Management, recruitment, induction)
- Key Distributors/Customers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Experiences – (What experience brings success to this role):
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people
- Field Sales management experience
Knowledge – (What does the person need to know):
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Working Knowledge of core Commercial Planning process (IMEX, CPM, Battle Plan, Risk & Opps, RiRo, SLOBs).
- Knowledge of Field Sales, Channel or Distributor Management
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do)
- Commercial Acumen – Developed
- Selling Skills – Proven Strength
- Sales Drivers – Proven Strength
- Channel Strategy – Developed
- Customer Management – Developed
- Negotiation Skills – Developed
- In Market Execution – Developed
- Presentation & Communication Proven Strength
PZ Cussons Leadership Competencies required:
Required Behavioural Competences:
- Act Authentically by being open, welcoming and genuine
- Establish Connections internally and externally to better serve our customers and other stakeholders.
- Focus to Win by demonstrating drive and resilience to achieving agreed objectives.
- Build Capability by pushing for opportunities to learn and grow towards achieving organisational objectives.
- Challenge Convention – be courageous to challenge in the right way for the right reasons.
- Deliver Fast and Smart by planning and organising activities to achieve defined goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Alignment to the BEST! Values are assumed to be critical to all PZC roles. All employees are also responsible for complying with their duties and responsibilities under both national legislation and Company policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Dignity at Work
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.