uLesson is a venture–backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high–quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high–quality, curriculum–relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Animator / Motion Graphic Artist
- Our Content Development Team is in the hunt for talented animators who are passionate about technology, education and are seeking the chance to make a difference.
- Initiative, ownership, data-driven decision making, and leadership development will be key differentiators in both the selection process and the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position.
- Working with media and production team to develop quality content that meets the needs of both high achieving learners and learners with special needs.
- Ensuring that personal and team targets are not just met, but exceeded.
- Working based on either pre-existing or innovative systems to ensure growth of the company’s library and content.
- Improving quality of developed content as guided by learner and/or colleague feedback.
- Providing swift responses to questions and inquiries made by the company’s subject matter experts and sound designers, as well as the learners.
- Reviewing content developed by fellow team members to ensure quality.
- Motion Design / Animation: This involves the use of available tools to create intriguing, engaging and comprehensible video lessons.
- Working with cinematographers and sound designers to produce interactive video lessons that meet the company’s internal standards.
- Any special assignment or task assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and Skill
- A minimum experience of 4 years within the motion design space.
- A sound knowledge of tools like After effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator.
- Deep understanding of design and animation principles.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a generally well organised and detail-oriented persona.
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure.
- Tech / Internet savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- You are deadline driven, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent storytelling skills, and the ability to deliver messages with empathy and reason.
- Experience with character animation
- A genuine passion for motion design and animation, and drive to continue learning and keeping up to date with emerging trends and technologies.
Salary is globally competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated copy of their CV and Engaging Portfolio, stating why they are a good fit to: [email protected] using “Application for the position of Animator” as the subject of the email