Administrative Officer at Options Consultancy Services Limited
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting suitable canddiates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Department: Finance and Admin, Pooled Team
Report to: Senior Finance and Operations Manager
Liason with: Options Nigeria Team
Hours: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Main purpose of job
- The job holder will be the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative and logistical support to help the organisation achieve its goals while also ensuring policy and regulatory compliance.
- He or she will also contribute to overall operations and provide clerical functions to ensure that processes run as smoothly as possible.
- The post holder will report to and collaborate closely with Options Nigeria’s Senior Finance & Operations Manager. The position will be based in Options Nigeria’s Abuja headquarters, with the possibility of travel within Nigeria and overnight stays as needed.
- Note: All levels of position in the organisation assume some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Your accountabilities will align with the level and scope of the position and appropriate training will be provided.
- Ensure compliance to all Options policies, and donors’ regulations, and Nigerian laws in all project dealings.
- Provide support to the SFOM in coordinating office administrations tasks, and human resource management for Options Nigeria.
- Coordinate meetings for staff, including arranging refreshments, booking a hotel, purchase of meeting materials etc.
- Ensure preventive/routine maintenance of general office, equipment and vehicles are carried out in a timely. Insurance of vehicles and renewal of licenses are also carried out as at when due.
- Work with the Regional Director and SFOM in preparing the agendas for future meetings and taking minutes of the Staff/NLT meetings where necessary.
- Maintain a robust filing system for Options Administration resources in hardcopy and softcopy for easy access and reference.
- Carry out a periodic check on the operation of office equipment, completing preventive maintenance of equipment (fire extinguisher, photocopier etc), including advising repairs where necessary.
- Maintain and ensure timely update of Options Nigeria gift and entertainment register.
- Coordinate logistics for local travels across programmes including purchasing of tickets, booking of hotels etc.
- Support regional and international travels, including the drafting of visa invitation letters for staff and consultants, booking hotels, arranging local transport etc.
- Conduct security checks on hotels, seek ISOS evaluation and OSG approval before usage of such hotel.
- Develop, maintain, and keep updating the vendor list for the approved hotels.
- Ensure that the Senior Finance and Operations Manager (SFOM) and Security Focal Points for each programme are kept up to date on travel movements.
- Work with the Options Programme Management team to plan and execute travel to and within Nigeria.
- Work with the Country Representative and SFOM to coordinate local induction schedules.
- Work with Country Representative and SFOM to advertise vacancies in Nigeria and book interviews.
- Coordinate vehicle usage, drivers’ logistics and documentation
- Line manages Receptionist and Abuja Office Driver.
- Provide excellent vendor management to build and maintain a strong relationship with the service providers.
Office Systems and Policies:
- Support the SFOM to ensure consistency of operational systems and processes across the implementation of different programmes.
- Support the development of all necessary administrative policies, procedures, forms, tools and contribute to other relevant policies in consultation with SFOM.
- And any other job as may be directed by the SFOM.
- Professional qualification or degree in a relevant subject (or relevant experience level)
- Administrative in office administration
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent planning and time-management abilities
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, medical insurance and 13th month pay.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Monday; 19th June, 2023.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held the week commencing 6th July, 2023.
- This role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record checks, identification checks, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and postholders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Nigeria
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Administrative Officer at Options Consultancy Services Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria