EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of contract: 13 months.
About the Job
- The Administrative officer is to provide administrative support for the Project.
- He/she will act as the point of contact for all employees under the project, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
The Administrative Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support and coordinating all staff activities as well as answering queries by employees and clients
- Requesting for and stocking supplies by identifying office needs
- Ensuring that there is routine maintenance of office equipment. Hiring maintenance vendors to repair or replace damaged office equipment.
- Periodic review of work schedules and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining communication and accountability systems
- Establishing a filing system for important and confidential organization documents
- Maintenance of filing and archiving systems to ensure ease of access to and retrieval of organization records and references
- He/she is required to submit a monthly report of their activities and for all training attended.
- Maintain and update organization databases
- Arranging travel and accommodations
- Scheduling in-house and external events
- Scheduling meetings and booking conference rooms.
- Assisting with procurement activities
- Promote the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within EYN Projects and amongst beneficiaries.
- Evaluating current systems and their user interfaces to ascertain their effectiveness
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements, submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring costs, analyzing variances.
- Ensuring that there is an efficient information sharing mechanism in place and the effective use of same; ensure that important information is shared with all relevant parties as at when due.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and ensuring that the capacity-building needs of the staff are identified and met.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- B.Sc / HND Management or any related field from a certified tertiary institution with at least 1 (one) year of proven experience in administration
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of management especially in the humanitarian context
- Ability to develop and promote effective collaborations within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Ability and readiness to take the initiative in identifying problems and suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills in Hausa
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian humanitarian context
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economics data
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in the community of implementation
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Proven capacity for management and leadership
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter.
- Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- Candidates are shortlisted on rolling basis.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified
Application Deadline 24th August, 2021.