Admin, Transit at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin, Transit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Indefinite
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Responsible for proper administrative management of staff movements and associated processes according to MSF standards and procedures and the local legislation in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
- In conjunction with headquarters, managing visas, working permits/resident cards, plane tickets and associated required processes for the arrival and departure of international staff from the country
- Being in charge of the preparation of per diems, modes of telecommunication, and housing/rooming assignments
- Being responsible for the proper filing of expat administrative documents according to MSF standards and local legislation
- Ensuring contact with external partners to stay informed on policies and procedures related to movements, entry/work regulations, residence IDs etc.
- Being responsible for sending required documents to headquarters in a timely manner (end of mission form, contract amendments, follow up of international staff leave days)
- Coordinating the movements of staff (local and international) and related administrative formalities (passports, visas, per diems) with the projects and headquarters
- Being responsible for all administrative tasks required for personnel transiting through the capital (taxis, organization of briefings and debriefings with coordination, administrative briefing and debriefing, per diem, lodging)
- Ensuring the update of movement-related tools (movement board/list, evacuation list according to the context) and their regular distribution to the field and other concerned persons
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Planning Manage travel arrangements for expats and national staff to and from Abuja / Lagos in coordination (including booking of domestic and international flights) with expat support officer in Amsterdam and HRCo & secretary in Abuja as required.
- Keep track of visa and flight expiry dates and take appropriate action;
- Process all visa extensions, STR applications related processes, and ensuring preparation of the Letter of Invitation & Mission Orders.
- Ensure, together with the CMT members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Update of staff movements and tracking of Travel agency tickets and related Invoices
- Supervision of Abuja Secretary in domestic flight and accommodation arrangements
- Flexibility in undertaking assigned tasks, due to the changing nature of MSF operations
- Review domestic airline contracts/agreements annually and recommend any modifications to the FINCo and HRCo
- Facilitate the registration of all international medical and nursing staff, and communicate requirements to the expat support officer in Amsterdam.
- Coach the secretary and or work closely with her/him to train the visa processes steps to support you in case you are busy with other tasks.
- Manage holidays and R&R tracking of all expats in the mission and keep the overviews.
- Ensure preparation of expat peridem overviews and sharing with HRCo and Finance department.
- Ensure arrangement of in-country briefings and debriefings for all expats
- Arrange AMS debriefings for all expats and all required End of Mission form activities under supervision of HRCo and in collaboration with expat support officer in Amsterdam and projects;
- Keep HRCo informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, STRs and resident cards.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Administration or any other related studies.
- 1-2 years experience as admin transit, admin management or related field
- English essential
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel & Internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
N443,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2023 (5:00pm)
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- NO Transportation and NO per diems will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Admin, Transit at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.