Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adhoc Program Assistant
Unit: Clinical Laboratory
Summary / Overview
- The Adhoc Program Assistant, will report to the HOD clinical laboratory services and work closely with the HIV DR sequencing unit.
- S/he will take part in routine analytical work in the HIV DR sequencing lab.
- S/he will be involved in the receipt of samples and reagents, keeping of sample inventory, documentation of laboratory processes, sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Select and label samples in preparation for testing.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Participate in the execution of targets within agreed timelines.
- Follow methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Document all activities, results and report to laboratory management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences (B.MLS) and related fields Biochemistry, of Microbiology (B.Sc.)
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st May, 2022.