Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in FSL & WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Activity Manager
Location: Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives / Aims
- The WASH activity manager is in charge of carrying out and accomplishing the objectives as defined in the operation proposals.
- He/she is responsible for the supervision of the operational teams assigned the WASH activity.
- He/she must ensure that the WASH activity are well executed and deliver quality results, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
Diagnostics and project conception:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
- Implement the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, SOLIDARITES International’s technical requirements and the donors’ criteria
- Participate in the development of the WASH team’s capacity in regard to techniques or new methodologies
Implementation and operational follow-up:
- Plan the WASH activity(ies) with the support department (Administration, logistics) according to the set objectives
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Make sure the objectives for the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility are achieved
- Suggest and implement monitoring indicators for the WASH activity(ies) and context
- Use the SI management and monitoring tools for the activities, results and context
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the WASH activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Anticipate difficulties in the carrying out of the WASH activity(ies) and facilitate problem solving
- Suggest new …activity… activity directions in accordance with context and indicators
- In cooperation with the administrative department, help draw up budgets for his/her activity(ies), budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Prepare Internal Order Forms (IOF) and follow orders using the logistics service
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
- Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Recruit the national technical staff for his/her activity(ies)
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his responsibility
- Implement training activities in accordance with WASH operational requirements and the identified training needs.
- Serve as intermediary between team leaders
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performance of the members of his/her team(s)
- Identify team members’ potential for advancement and communicate this information to the program manager/desk HR Referent
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Represent Solidarités International in meetings or forums concerning the WASH activities within his employment location
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Write regular reports concerning the progress of the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Communicate with team leaders concerning the progress and results of their activity(ies)
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the program manager and Program Coordinator
- Studies: HND / B.Sc Degree in Civil Engineering, Social Science, and other related studies
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position with other INGO, proven expertise in project management with strong capacity in planning, monitoring and reporting. Budget management
- Languages: English and Local Languages
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advance MS Office Excel knowledge.
- Attention to detail, high level of rigor and ability to meet tight deadlines, Team player, ability to coach and motivate the team, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to effectively liaise with and function effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- Candidates should select “Activity Manager”, fill the form and attach their CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with their first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Application Deadline 4th February, 2022.