Accounting and Administrative Consultant at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by encouraging entrepreneurship, private enterprise, and market connections. CNFA specializes in promoting private sector investment in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, increase exports and develop the skills of the rural workforce. CNFA helps smallholders increase food security and nutrition at the household level through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmers’ organizations, and strengthening links with markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting and Administrative Consultant
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Duration: 4 months
- CNFA is implementing the PRO-Cashew project funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for a period of five years.
- The PRO-Cashew project will contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of West African producers by improving the efficiency and quality of production and trade, and developing more coherent regional trade and investment policies.
- In doing so, the project will strengthen producers’ capacities and develop incentives to renovate and rehabilitate cashew farms, improve production and quality, and create a raw West African cashew nut that is more competitive for the international market.
- If the direct line of authority is with the Director of Finance and Operations (based in Abidjan), the day-to-day activities will be under the supervision of the Nigeria Country Representative.
- The consultant will provide accounting and administrative supports to allow a smooth workflow of all activities as per the approved work plan.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant’s responsibilitiesare as follows:
Support in conducting day-to-day accounting activities in compliance with CNFA policies and procedures and with Nigerian laws:
- Maintain Accounts Payable Ledger and Check Register.
- Verify accuracy of vendors invoices and expense reporting from staff and subcontractors.
- Process payment of vouchers including verifying support documentation for signature and bank transfers twice a week with respect of DOA limit.
- Review invoices for rent and other expenses.
- Maintenance of all equipment contracts and insurance policies.
- Providing assistance with internal or external audit requirements.
- Manage daily petty cash payments and cash reconciliation, including verifying support documentation; prepare petty cash replenishment/request documents.
Support in providing procurement support for project activities:
- Draw-up service and employment contracts.
- Provide support for goods and service procurement:
- Provide logistics supports for all hotel, flight and travel arrangements, handle visa arrangements and car pick up; for seminars, workshops and other special events.
- Provide support for administration and monitoring of grant agreements.
- Keep log of vehicle request forms, alongside with driver schedule and manage usage of office vehicle, request and maintain fuel inventory.
- Maintain fixed asset records and determine depreciation terms/rates to apply to items.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or a relevant field.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working on USDA, USAID or other donor-funded programs a plus.
- Strong attention to details and high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and operations with at least 3 years within the International Non-Governmental Organization’s (NGO) sector.
- Proficiency in Excel and other relevant accounting software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume + Cover Letter) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Accounting and Administrative Consultant at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria