Accountant at Sixxco Oil Limited
Sixxco Oil Limited is an oil and Gas Company fully registered in Nigeria in 2005 to do business in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry with registered office in Lagos and operational offices in Rivers State, Bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River and other States. Sixxco Oil Limited is an Authorized Mobil lubricant distributor to 11PLC (formerly MobilOil Nig.PLC). We distribute fuels, (PMS, DPK, AGO,MGO and LPG) across the country from our 27 million litre capacity Tank Farm in ORON, Akwa Ibom State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Accountable for queries about billing issues or requests for information from other departments – this could include tasks such as calls from sales representatives who may have problems with a customer not having been billed yet for products supplied.
- Calculating, recording, inputting, or processing financial data.
- Preparing customer invoices based on accounting procedures.
- Researching and investigating discrepancies in invoices to determine the accuracy of charges.
- Matching payments to invoice numbers or sales orders.
- Posting receipts in a timely manner.
- Securing revenue.
- Applying fair credit practices.
- Processing credit memos and refunds.
- Raising and sending invoices to customers.
- Posting payments to customer accounts.
- Tracking overdue invoices and following up on them.
- Handling customer inquiries regarding billing issues.
- Managing an Accounts Receivable ledger and Accounts Receivable files
- Submitting daily reports to management on accounts receivable operations.
- Maintaining customer accounts.
- Working with a billing system generating invoices.
- Collecting payments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a First Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional certification of ICAN or ACCA will be added advantage but not a must.
- Must possess 2 – 3 years post-NYSC working experience in the downstream oil and gas sector of the economy.
- Must be conversant with all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent financial standards, rules, and regulations relating to good financial management.
- Ability to solve problems, exercising good judgment will be an asset.
- Must be of good character with proven impeccable integrity.
- Knowledge of billing & invoicing systems, commercial negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing, and reporting.
N120,000 – N150,000 monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Accountant at Sixxco Oil Limited
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria