Accountant at Silverado Properties
Silverado Properties is a Lagos based Real Estate company that deals in construction, sales and rentals of properties. We also manage properties and facilities, design and supervise projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to join our growing team as an Accountant.
- Our choice candidate will work with our Finance and Accounts team in handling the day to day financial operations for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will take charge of the finance department:
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables and data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Perform bank reconciliations – the reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with statutory financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising the HOD on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- B.Sc Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- ICAN or ACCA certification, a plus
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (ERP software or SAGE 50)
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3 years proven working experience in a finance role
- Finance experience in an NGO space or in managing projects an advantage
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles,
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st July, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Accountant at Silverado Properties
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.