The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant and Admin Officer
Location: Yankari Game Reserve / Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Five years
Start Date: 1st August, 2022
Reports to: Yankari Landscape Director (and to the WCS Director of Finance and Administration in Calabar).
Internal Control and Documentation:
- Maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations and preparing reconciliations.
- Monitor bank transactions and maintain audit trail for all transactions.
- Ensure proper tracking of project advances to staff.
- Maintain equipment inventory in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of petty cash and petty cash replenishment request.
- Process financial transactions related to office and project expenditures and lead in maintaining an effective filing system for financial transactions.
Budget and Annual Plans:
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing budgets for funding proposals and annual institutional budgeting.
- Support preparation of monthly reports/reconciliations and year-end reconciliation of accounts.
Administration, Human Resource and Logistics:
- Assist the HR Manager in monitoring staff leave.
- Support in the general management of the Yankari office, including procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangement and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
- Assist in logistics and travel planning.
- Support in management of program vehicles (registration, insurance, repairs, and maintenance).
- Perform other accounting/administrative related duties as assigned.
- Relevant University Degree preferably in Accountancy or related field.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in financial management.
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Full professional proficiency in English and Hausa.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with diverse people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed Application / Cover Letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Yankari Accountant and Admin Officer” in the subject line of your email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Application Deadline 1st July, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.