TAG Energy is an integrated service company offering a comprehensive range of oilfield products and support services in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
- TAG Energy Nigeria Limited, an Oil and Gas servicing firm is urgently in need of a qualified accountant that has experience in an accounting role.
- This is a position for a bright, polished and motivated individual and offers opportunities for advancement within a fast-growing company based in VGC / Ajah, Lagos.
- If you are a dedicated individual and are looking to advance and grow with a firm, we invite you to submit your CV / Resume for consideration.
- Supports accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; running software programs.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies, filing documents.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Raise and post sales invoices, cash receipts, cash payment vouchers, payroll, etc.
- Update and maintain transactions and accounting and financial data such as sales records, accounts payables/receivables, purchases, etc.
- Prepare financial reports for management accounts as needed.
- Ensure that proper and accurate statutory returns are prepared in a timely manner.
- Process monthly payroll for employees.
- Review payroll forms and reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll-related problems or questions.
- Compile and analyze payroll data, prepare related reports
- Serve as a contact for payroll related issues/inquiries
- Prepare and ensure all invoices are recorded.
- Follow up with client payments, ensuring they are made on time.
- Manage, track and maintain the petty cash imprest and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare cheques for payment.
- Carry out all bank related activities including deposits, accounts reconciliation, etc. as required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly budgets.
- Prepare financial reports to monitor and track obligations and expenditures.
- Minimum of Second-class upper Degree from a reputable university, Higher Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of two to five years experience in similar position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization
- ICAN certification a plus.
- Team Player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Monthly Deliverables and Reports
- Computation of taxes and statutory payment (PAYE, Pension &NSITF) for each month.
- Presentation of daily cash positions and daily requisition of the Company to the Managing Director
- Monthly bank reconciliation statement report for all the Company’s banks.
- Monthly and annual Management Reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th November, 2021.